Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So far today...

 I have...

1.  Walked up and down hills for 50 minutes - this is so I can eat what I want and still be able to fit into my jeans and shorts!

2.  Spent waaaay to much time working on this blog, because it is becoming apparent that I am blogging illiterate!

3.  Made the dough for the Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies that I will finish later in the day.  I got this recipe here at Smitten Kitchen:
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/06/rhubarb-cream-cheese-hand-pies/#more-10218

4.  Started my first batch of homemade yogurt! I am using directions from
Food In Jars that you can link to here:
 http://www.foodinjars.com/2012/04/homemade-yogurt-in-mason-jars/

Update...a few hours later...

5.  Made homemade chicken noodle soup, in order to not waste the chicken that we roasted in the Dutch Oven over the fire on Sunday evening.

6.  Made Janet's Rich Banana Bread from Allrecipes, in order to use up some "dead" bananas!

...and later on, I am going to make Buttermilk Lasagne from Diane St. Clair's new cookbook, The Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook
I might also make her recipe for Strawberry Shortcake and use those beautiful strawberries that I picked yesterday.
You can find out more about Diane St. Clair and her amazing butter, buttermilk, book and farm by visiting her website


...see why I hade to walk the hills for 50 minutes this morning???
...not sure it's going to come out even...

No comments:

Post a Comment